Friday, December 24, 2010

How I Met My Husband......

My husband and I didn't meet in society's "normal" way as you might call it.... We met in the new age.. LOL... I was about 16 year's old maybe 17 and was on the latest internet fad... WEBTV! ( No longer around)....I happened to be in one of my favorite chatroom's one day when a screen name popped up in pink.. ( that's how you new it was a private message)... The name I will enver forget...ZombieCatfish... He said hello, and I just ignored him... I kept ignoring him and he wouldn't leave me alone... Finally, I  said something to him... We started talking and clicked....I was grieving, and so was he... He had just lost someone very close to him, and I was mourning the loss of my mother... We began talking everyday.. All day, all night.... He was late for work because we just couldn't stop talking... I found myself falling quickly...Being so young I figured he was just out for a piece of ass..I kept all my feelings from him.. The worst mistake of my life......
  Once I realized that what I was feeling was love..... I got scared...I ended up changing my email address and ignoring him totally.... I missed him dearly, but I just couldn't tell him I was in love with him... I figured with my age, he'd reject me.. or he would tell me that we could only be friends and that was it... I couldn't handle that.... So a year or so went by and I met someone else online.. Around my age.... His name was Brandon..We met the same way and became the best of friends.... By this time I had dropped out of school, and I secluded myself from the rest of the world.... Brandon and I talked non stop.....
 At 17 I ended up marrying for the first time to someone I thought I loved.... He was 20 year's older than me, and blind... I worked and he collected disability... We had a big age difference between us so of course he didn't understand being a teenager..Once we got married, he changed.. Became very abusive... Yelling and screaming, hitting.... We decided to move out of town and try and buy a house.... By this time he had bought me a computer and I was alway's online.... And in the back of my mind, I was alway's thinking of him...
  One night I was talking to Brandon on MSN when he asked me if he could bring a friend of his into the conversation... I didn't care.... So he brings in a screen name that made me stop dead in my tracks... ZombieCatfish....I immediately started punching away at the keys.... OMG OMG OMG!!!!! It was him!!! My heart just jumped... I began talking to him asking how everything was and if he missed me, and what not all the while Brandon was in total confusion .... I told him that this is the guy I was talking to him about.... He couldn't believe it... I immediately sent an email to Rick ( my husband) telling him how I felt... And the reason I ran away was because of my feelings.... It was then that my heart sank..... He wrote me back and replied... "I love you too"...... It was then that him and I started our own conversation and caught up on the past year.... A few nights later, I decided that I had enough and wanted out ... that's when he decided that we had to be together... So, I wrote a bum check on my husbands and I's joint account and booked.... Took a 31 hour bus ride from Missouri to New York and the rest is history.......

1 comment:

  1. It just goes to show that it really is a small world now . Brandon was my friend at the same time as Jenn . Guess it was meant to happen . BTW WEBTV is still out there, But ONLY for the people that have had an account since they came out .

    ReplyDelete